ATV Insurance in Louisiana
What is an ATV?
An ATV is a three, four, six, or eight wheel All-Terrain Vehicle equipped with an engine and a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. It is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles. The rider sits on and operates this vehicle like a motorcycle, but the extra wheels give more stability.
- Liability coverage up to $500,000
- Package policy typically offers a combination of Collision, Liability & Comprehensive Coverage (which includes Theft, Flood, Vandalism, etc.).
- Agreed value up to $50,000 or actual cash value
- Actual Cash Value based on NADA Appraisal Guide or Kelley Blue Book
- Accessory coverage up to $3,000 (includes helmet & safety apparel, winches, mower attachments, plow blades, and trailers designed to be pulled behind ATVs)
Doesn’t My Homeowner’s Insurance Cover My ATV?
- Yes, but the coverage is very restricted., Your homeowner’s insurance covers the ATV only for liability when being operated on your home property, and while the ATV is being used for the maintenance of your home property. Where’s the fun in that?
- A separate policy should be purchased to include the full range of liability protection everywhere, as well as collision, flood, theft, and all the other covereages listed above. It is the only way to give yourself the full protection you need in all situations.
For more information and rates contact us directly at (504) 441-RATE(7283) or complete a quote request form. Power Sports Insurance can be sold over the phone!
For information regarding State Rules, Regulations & Insurance Requirements for ATV’s CLICK HERE: ATV Safety Louisiana Law
For information regarding Safety Issues CLICK HERE: ATV Safety Insitute