Antique / Collectible Vehicle
Frequently asked questions regarding antique and collectible car insurance
What are the qualifications for Antique/Collectible Vehicle Insurance?
- Ownership of an antique, classic, or special interest auto, truck, or motorcycle, which is at least 15 years old;
- Ownership of a qualified vehicle in its original or restored condition or one in the process of being accurately restored. Note: Generally modified and/or altered vehicles are better suited for our Specialty Vehicle ("street rod") Insurance;
- Driven mileage of qualified vehicle equals 2500 or less each year;
- Storage of qualified vehicle in a fully enclosed garage whenever it is not in use;
- Primary usage of qualified vehicle is for hobbyist functions like exhibitions, parades, shows, meets, cruise nights, club activities, and maintenance drives;
- Driving experience of owners and/or principal operators must equal five years; and
- Driving record must meet underwriting guidelines. Call for details.
What's not eligible?
Antique/Classic Vehicle Insurance WILL NOT cover your vehicle if each licensed driver has at least one vehicle in the household available for general transportation, or if it is used for:
- general transportation purposes;
- transportation to work;
- commercial, business, or hauling purposes; or
- substitute or emergency vehicle purposes.
- Collision Coverage is for loss or damage to your own vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage is available bundled with or without Collision.
- Spare Parts Coverage is provided with the policy at no additional charge.
- Liability; if you have purchased Physical Damage Coverage, all limits of liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage are available.
How do I determine the value of my vehicle?
- Market value for your classic automobile or vintage vehicle can be found using website:http://www.nada.com
- If any requested value exceeds the average market value of the vehicle, we will request that you submit an appraisal from a qualified appraiser.
How do I get a quote?
- click here for a vintage car coverage quote.
- We have a variety of markets to shop. The above underwriting rules may differ slightly from one company to another. Please contact us directly at 504-441-RATE(7283).